Emergency Dentist vs. Emergency Room San Diego, CA
Regardless of the type of dental emergency, there are a few set steps a patient needs to take as a response. The first step is to seek immediate medical attention at an emergency room. If the individual has any large cuts, broken bones or other injuries, then get to the emergency room as soon as possible. An emergency room will be able to treat all wounds and stop any bleeding.
Treatment Options for Damaged Teeth
If the individual damages a tooth in the accident, an emergency room will be able to stop the bleeding, but will not be able to repair or even possibly save the tooth itself. Thus, once the individual is able to return home and leave the emergency room, the parent needs to call an emergency dentist. As a dentist, not only can we repair, replace or save a damaged tooth, but we can also provide specialized emergency care for the patient. Several treatments that we offer our patients include:
- Dental Sealants
- Dental Bonding
- Kids Dental Crowns
- Dental Restorations
- Cavity Treatments
Check out what others are saying about our emergency dental services on Yelp: Emergency Dentist vs. Emergency Room
Receive Emergency Treatment When Necessary
The individual may already be shaken up from the accident and may have difficulty remaining calm. Visiting a general dentist for emergency dental care may not be the type of care that the patient needs or may require the patient to wait too long. General dentists are not always the best choice since they are not available outside of business hours. Emergency dentists can offer emergency treatment when the individual needs. Our team has the necessary skills to provide the best and most effective form of emergency treatment for the individual while also keeping the patient comfortable during the procedure.
After the accident occurs, call our office and schedule an appointment as soon as possible. If we are available, we will treat the individual immediately. If we are not available at that moment, we will treat the individual as soon as possible. It is crucial to receive treatment for a damaged or missing tooth as soon as possible. The longer an individual waits to seek treatment, the greater chance that the individual will not be able to repair the damage. Fortunately, we can treat the issue and ensure that regardless of the treatment decision the individual makes, that the individual's teeth are on the right track for continuing strong oral health.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Dental Emergency Terminology
- A dental abscess is a pocket of pus the forms in the tooth root from a bacterial infection.
- Facial Cellulitis
- Facial cellulitis is a condition in which an infection from an abscess or plaque in the teeth causes pain and spreads throughout the face.
- Impacted Wisdom Tooth
- An impacted wisdom tooth is a tooth that does not erupt from the gums properly that can cause pain and become infected without professional extraction.
- Irreversible Pulpitis
- Irreversible pulpitis is when the pain in the tooth occurs spontaneously or continues to hurt after the patient removes the hot/cold substance that was causing pain. Normal pulpitis will cease hurting directly after removing what is causing the pain.
- Lateral Luxation
- Lateral luxation is the displacement of a tooth that moves it in the wrong direction while it is still attached to the gums.
- Pericoronitis is the inflammation of soft tissues surrounding a tooth that does not fully erupt from the gums and causes pain.
- Tooth Avulsion
- Tooth avulsion is when the tooth completely displaces from the socket due to an accident or other health issues. We can replant the tooth if the patient seeks immediate care.
- Tooth Fracture
- A tooth fracture can result from multiple sources including an accidental elbow to the face during a sports game, biting on something really hard, falling face first and more.
Back to top of Emergency Dentist vs. Emergency Room
Sterilization and disinfection procedures are critical for infection control processes at Mission Valley Dental Arts. These processes are done in accordance to recommendations provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Using the recommendations as a guide, the methods of disinfection and sterilization can be learned and understood, which is important, especially during…
A dental emergency can strike at any time and with no warning. Perhaps a person is playing a game of touch football on Thanksgiving and a family member decides to up the ante and a tackle comes into play, accidentally knocking out two front teeth. Or maybe on vacation in the tropics, someone decides to…
Do you know when to visit an emergency dentist instead of your regular care provider? In the event of a dental emergency, seeing your regular dentist may come at a high cost.Many dentists are not available on an emergency basis after hours. While most injuries can wait a day or so, there are some that…
Do you want some more information on the side effects of teeth grinding?If you suffer from teeth grinding, also known as teeth clenching and bruxism, then you need to learn more about the harmful effects of this condition. It is especially true if you think you are now starting to experience some of the many…